Friday, May 13, 2011

Day Two (5-13-11)

Today we woke up ate breakfast and then a volunteer from Red Cross came to the house to teach us first aid and CPR. The training wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and only took until around twelve. After lunch we had "naptime" till 2 as the training had been scheduled until then. The rest of the afternoon was spent getting to know more about ARMs history, learning and playing games we can use with the youth groups, and getting to know everyone here better. It has only been two days but this summer is already amazing the bond between the staff is already so strong and I can't wait to see how much it will grow by the end of the summer.
We looked up verses for the theme about prayer today and I came across one I liked that came from 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18, it reads "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" This summer my goal is to strive to live these verses out to the fullest. I have begun to feel a transformation from the inside out, less of me and more of God and I'm excited to see just how this will evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment