Today we woke up and then went to church at Bradford Chapel United Methodist and we were blessed as an ARM staff by the congregation which was cool. The message was also about Martyrdom or Martyrs which was cool because I learned that the word we use for Martyr comes from the Greek word: Martyrea which means witness. Meaning you don't necessarily have to die to be a martyr you just have to be a passionate enough witness to your cause that you couldn't live if it meant hurting the cause. After the church service we had our Sabbath which was much needed and Beth Ann, Ashley, and I went to Auburn to go to Walmart and Kannunkins (which is a local Auburn outdoor store that is the main hub for the way everybody in Auburn dresses) to get some odds and ends and I debated buying a pair of Chacos for myself for my birthday but couldn't commit to spending almost 100 dollars on them if I might not wear them out of the Alabama area.
After our sabbath we planned our rehearsal and then did a dry run on our Programming. It went pretty well and the Livingston staff has started to get a pretty good idea of how everything is going to run throughout the summer. Our programming is really cool and our material seems like it will help the Youth groups grow as well as helping me to grow.
After reading the part in Wild at Heart that I'm starting to realize a lot of things about myself and it's kind of scaring me a little but it's also really exciting and it's challenging me on a lot of things in my life but I think I'm learning a lot and growing a lot from it. So we'll see what comes from that.
I felt a little overwhelmed today but I think it's because I'm challenging myself as well as just fatigue but I think I'm up for the challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment