So today we finally got to Livingston!!!
We woke up and cleaned and packed and then said good bye to our Tuskegee friends and started the trek over to Livingston. It was about a three hour drive and I got to do it in an old GMC truck (very similar to one my grandpa had, so I loved it) with no A/C and no radio and I was by myself haha. It was actaully kind of nice though to just think and sing out loud to no music and pray. It was so refreshing to just have quiet alone time.
When we finally got to the Southern sportsman lodge we unpacked a little and took a small tour. It's so weird to be back here from when I came my junior year. I never ever thought I would be back haha. After our tour we went to Tres Hermanos for dinner and I got a craw fish quesadilla it was delicioso. We ended the night completely unpacking, which felt awesome to get organized and have access to all myself because I just used a small bag during training.
It feels weird not to be at the Parsonage and I definitely miss Kelsey, Chris, Beth Ann and Sara but the lodge is an exciting new component to all our planning and I'm looking forward to figuring it all out before teams come.
Jessica a girl on our staff said an interesting thing today when asked what she was passionate about
she said "If you can't tell from the way I live my life than I have no passions."
Just a thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment