Today after breakfast we learned more about the history of ARM as well as the daily scheduling of groups and daycare. We learned about the different personnel involved when different groups come in and who will need to be in charge of what. Before lunch we had a problem with our refrigerator so we had to drive to Auburn/Opelika (small town near Auburn) to get a new one. We ate at Mama G's Deli (apparently a staple to Auburn students and known for their highly collectible cups) and then went to ARM's "Buildmore" store to get the fridge. After all this we went to the Tuskegee Airmen Museum and then tried unsuccessfully to go to George Washington Carvers House. After dinner Lisa came over and we learned about some basic techniques of Youth ministry which I found very interesting as that is what I feel called to do. Then we dove into the theme of prayer trying to get a theme verse and one struck me from Ephesians 1:18. It was a prayer about opening the eyes of our hearts to see how powerful God really is, something we should all do every day.
We sang a couple old hymns tonight played on guitar that were really cool I really want to try and get a hymnal so I can play some.
No comments:
Post a Comment