Sunday, July 31, 2011

Temple and Riverton

Our first week after break and it was back in full swing quick! I had two sites this week on my own and this was our biggest week yet. Our teams were from Temple UMC from Kentucky and Riverton UMC in Virginia. I worked with one team from each church so I got to know a good number of both churches. My temple team worked with Ms. Jordan and we rebuilt her deck and wheelchair ramp (not to building code as pointed out by Lisa but it was as we like to say "better than before") and I worked with a great group from the kentucky team that made the week a lot of fun. But like I said I had two sites this week so my week consisted of a lot of driving around trying to get everything my team needed. My other team from the Riverton group worked at Mr. Harris' house re-drywalling some of his house and then moving a sink from one side of his bathroom to the other. If you've never worked with plumbing before, don't, it's a nightmare. A lot of the week was devoted to hardware store trips to get what we thought we needed only to find out it actually wasn't. At the end of the week I ended up returning a large bag full of the "needed" plumbing supplies.
Plumbing wasn't the only adventure this week either! Our team from kentucky broke down in Meridian on free night (a real FUMCO situation) so Stephen and I had to go pick them up at Midnight!
This week was huge but it was also really fun and we had our first worship team play music so it was awesome!
Sorry for not blogging till now our last three weeks have been a blur!

No comments:

Post a Comment