Oh JSUMCY! haha JSUMCY stands for Jubilee Shore United Methodist Church Youth. They were an AWESOME group! This was the first time the construction team split up Ashley worked with one team and I worked with another with Christina being a runner for both groups. My team worked for Mr and Mrs. James and Mrs. "Dot" was awesome she was a hilarious lady and so thankful to have company and our help. I worked with my team to repair her rotting floor in numerous spots throughout her house. After we finished that on Thursday we went to Mrs. Culbert's house to repaint her interior rooms and rescreen her front porch. And then friday we went to Mr. Gaines' house and built a small wheelchair ramp. It was a week of tons of laughs, babies at the lodge, and a lot of awesome service!
Props to JSUMCY for teaching the staff "skittles" ( a fast paced game involving a pool table and two pool balls) and for being hilarious in Genereal
We got to go on break for 4th of July after this week and Ashley and I went to our friend Alex's grandma's river house which was awesome and then to fellow staffer Kelsey's lake house where we had awesome food and tons of fun and I learned how to water ski!
We are now back at the lodge ready to work hard and play hard for the rest of the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment