Monday, June 6, 2011

SARALAND

So first off I apologize for not keeping up with this. The lodge has horrible wifi and its hard to get to everyday. Therefore I think this will be a couple times a week (optimistically) blog rather than daily from now on.

This week is our first week with a team and man is it awesome. They are from Saraland Alabama and their youth pastor William has only been with them for four days! But their bond is already really cool. We have already built steps to her backdoor after just one day on the site and hopefully will demo and construct a front porch by the end of the week.

It's really nice to have some new life in the lodge and today was so refreshing during our devotions and programming to have a group so passionate about service. It is really helping me to be energized and to want to give one hundred percent to our project and programming. My hope is that this week I will be an example of being a disciple to them and to show high schoolers and middle schoolers that maybe they could be serving at ARM one day because I never thought I would be and also to give them new experiences wherever that would come from as well as to be a mentor or someone they can come to with anything they are struggling with or thinking about or need throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment