Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hazel Green and Greystone

This week we had two teams. The one we worked with was from Hazel Green Alabama near Huntsville. They came to ARM to do tornado relief so our project was in Geiger about 45 minutes from the lodge. It was a little stressful trying to plan last minute but we ended up successfully stripping and re-shingling a roof in a week. It was fun to get to know Hazel Green they were definitely different than Saraland but definitely fun! I learned a lot of new games such as Quelf and Rook which were a lot of fun and we messed around a lot during the week. On Friday as we were trying to finish we realized that we were going to run out of shingles so I ran to Meridian (an hour away) to get more and by the time I got all the way back I figured out that they loaded the wrong ones so I went all the way back. It was definitely a test this week but we handled it as a team and had a good week!
Our next team comes tomorrow from Indiana so that should be fun!!
My energy seems to be like a roller coaster building right before and while the team is there and then coming way back down after they leave so the exhaustion has set in for this week I guess until the next team gets here tomorrow.
Our Staff is getting to be like family now and it's awesome we are so close and having their love and support helps me through literally every day!

P.S. Grey Stone was awesome!! They did tornado relief (chainsaw and debris clean up with charles). They also found a dog which a girl in their group took home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment